My life is nothing like it was a year ago.
God has put me on the mountain, where my mind was filled with new and amazing things about Him, about Jesus.
God has put in the valley, where I learned to lean into Him more and more without turning away.
For the past month or so, there really haven’t been words to express what I’ve been learning, what I’ve been feeling. Yet, my journey with Him grows closer.
My biggest fear is to be called “lukewarm” towards Jesus. In my world, it’s all or nothing.
The Word talks about “lukewarm” Christians 53 times. I have been asking myself some questions, questions to see how far I’ve come in this journey,questions to see where I need more work, questions that lead me to where I need to look.
Today I challenge you to honestly look into your heart and see where it lies.
1. Do my cares and worries dominate my thoughts and conversations?
2. Do I sin on a regular basis?
3. Do I love the things of this world more than God and God’s Word?
4. Am I too busy for Jesus?
5. Are my priorities in line with God’s?
6. Do I pray from my heart or do I just want God to grant my wishes?
7. Do I pray for others from my heart?
8. Do I use God’s name in vain?
9. Do I witness to others on a regular basis?
10. What is my attitude about sin in my life?
11. What is my attitude about sin in other’s lives?
12. Do I pray for God’s will or my own?
13. Am I obeying God’s Word on a consistent basis?
14. Am I following in Jesus’ steps?
“Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.” Matthew 12:30 ESV