Remember our two main goals: Good Stuff In/Bad Things Out. Our goal here is to avoid dangerous cleaning chemicals out of our homes.
Some ideas are:
- Baking Soda. For scrubbing and freshening.
- White Vinegar. For mirrors, windows, and odors.
- All- Purpose Natural Concentrated Cleaner.
- Essential Oils. Adding to things like vinegar.
- Natural-brand dish soap and dishwasher detergent.
- Gentle laundry detergents.
- Borax. For stubborn stains and hard-core cleaning jobs.
Our skin is the largest organ in our body, so if something goes on your skin it ultimately makes its way into your body, and into our blood stream. Toxins accumulate in our bodies and can contribute to health concerns.
Here are some healthy ideas:
- Castile soap or natural bar soap.
- Coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Toothpaste. You could try making your own with baking soda, coconut oil and essential oils and flavorings.
- Hair Styling Products. There are more natural hair care lines on the market today, so look for the best option for you.
- Makeup: Mineral make-up has very few non-toxic minerals.
- Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant: The first recommendation is to entirely forego the anti-perspirant in favor of a deodorant-only product. No, that’s not going to happen even though Our Creator designed sweating as one of the ways that toxins would be flushed from our bodies. Instead let’s try to replace it with a gentler one.
- Moisturizing: Coconut oil is a great alternative.
Questions for Reflection:
1. How can you replace your toxic cleaning supplies with better alternatives?
2. How can you replace your toxic beauty supplies with better alternatives? Yes, this one will be a toughie!
Come join us for encouragement and support at https://www.facebook.com/groups/GiftoftheHome/