Naturally, I, like everyone else, have been thinking about the New Year. Last year I didn’t make any goals or resolutions because things were going along in ways that I never imagined…meeting the man of my dreams, getting married, and moving to a new state to a new life. Now that I’ve had the time to adjust and look back over the past year I’ve decided that I’m ready to make some serious life changes.
I’ve been doing a lot of research about setting goals and life areas. I’ve written my goals and plan to achieve them…. there’s only one problem ~ a lack of total support. With hubs gone 6 days a week my days can become totally unstructured. I know that it’s up to me and I think that maybe this time I can work on my goals alone. The reason I think I can is that God is more in my life now than ever before. Like I’ve said before… He just keeps slapping me upside the head with more wisdom and knowledge.
The main categories I’m planning on working on are:
SPIRITUAL. This needs to be first because with God there is nothing.
1. I will read the Word. Each morning I have been reading the Word first thing without hesitation. That will continue into the New Year.
2. Apply the Word. I will actually, not just listen to what God has to tell me but apply it as well. My plan is to set my phone alarm for three times during the day… just a reminder to see if I’m where I’m supposed to be. To remind me to apply what I’ve learned, a check-in so to speak.
HEALTH. This needs to be second because without my health obviously I can’t do anything now can I?
1. I will eat breakfast every day without fail. Seems simple doesn’t it? But for me once my day starts it’s all systems go. I start my day at a run and I’m never “hungry” first thing. Not so for the hubs. So I’m going to eat breakfast daily.
2. I will move for a minimum of thirty minutes a day. I know I can’t do heavy exercise (because I need to gain weight first) but I can walk or do yoga or stretch.
PERSONAL. This is third because I have learned that I have to take care of myself before I can take care of others and since taking care of others is my job… well, enough said.
1. I will do things for me ~ manis and pedis, reading, etc. Sounds simple but it’s been something I feel I’ve been neglecting.
MY BLESSING. This is Hubs.
1. I will continue to pray for him daily.
2. I will become more interested in his hobbies (this is a tough one).
I’ve been doing weekly challenges with http://www.abowlfullof lemons.com and I will continue to do them.
These are the few I’ve planned so far. I’m sure there will be more to come as days go by.